Comparative Perspectives on Constitutions: Theory and Practice
29 June 2010, 09:30 - 01 July 2010 17:30
- Academic Directors: Professor Martin Loughlin, London School of Economics; Professor Dawn Oliver, University College London; Dr Constantin Stefanou and Dr Helen Xanthaki, Institute of Advanced Legal Studies. Speakers and participants to include:Lord Hope of Craighead, Vice President of the UK Supreme Court;Christoph Möllers, Professor of Public Law, Humboldt University, Berlin; Cheryl Saunders, Laureate Professor and Director of the Centre for Comparative Constitutional Studies at the University of Melbourne, President Emeritus of the International Association of Constitutional Law and currently President of the International Association of Centres for Federal Studies;Jeffrey Jowell, QC, Professor of Law at University College London and the UK's member on the Council of Europe's Commission for Democracy Through Law ('The Venice Commission'); Stephen Laws, CB, First Parliamentary Counsel;and over 50 further papers presented on the workshop themes of: conceptualisations of the purposes of constitutions;transplants, irritations, migrations, harmonization; and constructing constitutions.
- Organised by:
- Institute of Advanced Legal Studies
- Event Type:
Please click here for the WG Hart Legal Workshop Programme
Please click here for the Booking Form.
THREE DAY RATES:
- Standard Three Day Conference Rate (incl. Practitioners, Government Lawyers): £205.00.-
- Discounted Three Day Rate for Academics, Registered Charities: £130.00.
- Discounted Three Day Rate for Postgraduate Students: £65.00.
- Full Day Rate (incl. Practitioners, Government Lawyers): £75.00.
- Discounted Day Rate for Academics, Registered Charities: £50.00
- Discounted Day Rate for Postgraduate Students: £25.00.
For further information contact: Belinda Crothers, Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, 17 Russell Square, London E1 4NS. Email: Belinda.Crothers@sas.ac.uk